Engel & Völkers Brookhaven Atlanta
Our Engel & Völkers offices enjoy a long history of commitment to community service. We are a small company, but our hearts are huge. At the end of the day, it is all about giving back to the community we serve. We have adopted that mindset into our company culture and routinely encourage team members to become involved in whatever endeavor touches their hearts. Our Engel & Völkers offices seek to represent a positive and enriching force within the community whenever and wherever we can.
“Scott Askew consistently reminds all advisors during every staff meeting, ‘We are very fortunate to do what we do and to own what we have. Let’s make sure to give back to our community along the way.’ This simple notion is the cornerstone of Engel & Völkers’ philosophy, and is reflected in all parts of our organization.”
Our most noted contribution to the community each year is our involvement with Special Olympics, Georgia for the Special Olympics Summer and Winter Games. We have sponsored and participated in the Opening Ceremonies, swimming events, gymnastics and the Victory Dance!
During winter 2017, Broker Scott Askew, jumped into freezing Lake Acworth for the Special Olympics’ Polar Plunge; an event that raised over $115,000 in support of athletes competing in the Special Olympics, Georgia programs. We are also a leading contributor to the SOGA “Duck Pluck” challenge each year.
In addition to working with and raising contributions for Special Olympics, Georgia, our advisors actively volunteer in the community, lending a hand wherever we can. Key community service initiatives have included:
- Leading sponsor for the, “Morningside Mile,” helping to raise over $100,000 for the Historic Virginia Highland Fire Station 19.
- Habitat for Humanity home build.
- Advisor Ken Covers danced his way to raising awareness and over $250,000 by participating in “Dancing Stars of Atlanta,” benefitting the Atlanta Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Advisors Mandi Robertson & Michael Gaddy spearhead, “One Warm Coat,” each fall, collecting coats, sweaters, scarves, gloves and hats to distribute to those in need within the Metro Atlanta area.
- “Toys for Tots,” & canned food drives collecting toys & food during the holiday season
- Grant Park Conservancy & Oakland Cemetery